Metamaterial Technologies Inc. (MTI) is a smart materials and photonics company that is changing the way we interact with light. It is pioneering a new class of multifunctional smart materials—called metamaterials—with engineered properties that is not found in nature. Its patented and patent pending technology has ability to manipulate light in unprecedented ways, and its striving to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems in optics.
MTI is a privately held company, and has a growing IP portfolio with over 65 patents and patent pending applications. MTI is one of the first companies to move optical metamaterials from the academic community to commercialized products.
Industry Recognition for MTI
- A Future Markets Insights report lists MTI as a key participant in the metamaterial market in their 2017 to 2027 forecast (December 2017).
- The metamaterials market is expected to grow swiftly at a CAGR of 17.8% until 2025 due to the increasing need for advanced materials that can be used in the place of conventional materials. The Grand View Research Inc. report predicts the global metamaterials market will reach USD $1.35 billion by 2025 and names Metamaterial Technologies as a key player in the industry (August 2017).
- Orbis Research released a report that named MTI as a key player in the global metamaterial market forecast for 2017-2022 (March, 2017).
- MTI was named one of four “prominent vendors” in the 2017-2021 Global Aerospace Nanotechnology Market forecast conducted by Market Research Nest (February 2017).
- An Orbis Market Research report recognizes MTI in the global laser protection eyewear market in their forcast for 2016-2021 (February 2017).
- MTI was recognized as an important player in a Transparency Market Research report (February 2017).
- A report written by Stratistics Market Research Consulting noted Metamaterial Technologies as a “key player” in the global metamaterials industry. In their report, they expect the market to reach $2.63 billion by 2022 at a compound annual growth rate of 23.2% (January 2017).
- Global market Insights highlights MTI and Lockheed Martin’s relationship as key break through in the metamaterial industry (August 2017)
- MTI was recognized as a prominent vendor in the global metamaterials market by Future Market Insights (May 2018)
A few highlights
- In 2014, MTI signed a partnership agreement with Airbus to test and tailor metaAIR, as a solution to protect pilot’s vision by blocking and deflecting laser strikes.
- Frost and Sullivan recognizes MTI for its work on metaAIR.
- In the spring of 2016, MTI acquired Rolith Inc.’s business, a Silicon Valley based nanofabrication company. It included its IP, proprietary manufacturing technology, Rolling Mask Lithography (RML®) and its NanoWeb® products.
- BNN interviewed MTI’s Founder and CEO about metamaterials.
- In January 2017, MTI wins Innovative Business of the Year at the Halifax Chamber of Commerce Business Awards.
- Metamaterial Technologies and Airbus announce they have entered into a new agreement to validate, certify, and commercialize its laser protection product metaAIR, for aviation.
- MTI was recognized as a top 100 business in North America by Red Herring.
- MTI announced a partnership with Lockheed Martin, (Lockheed Martin’s first solar investment in Canada), to develop a product called metaSOLAR™, that is suitable for flight
- Canada’s STDC announced a new program for MTI towards the development of next generation solar technology for hybrid vehicles. MTI announces it is working with Enel Green Power, Lockheed Martin, Dalhousie University, CALTEC and Stanford on the project.
- MTI Founder and CEO is interviewed on How Will Molecular Engineering Shape the Vehicles of Tomorrow, for the Vice, sponsored by Toyota.
- Aviation Week & Space and Technology announced that Metamaterial Technologies had been selected as a winner of the 61st Annual Laureate Awards, honoring extraordinary achievements in the global aerospace arena, for best new commercial product for metaAIR.
- In 2018, Airbus applauds MTI for winning best new commercial product at Aviation Week Laureate awards.
- MTI partnered with Artemis Optical to develop Hybrid Filter technology.
- MTI acquired Mediwise, medical research and development company that is pioneering cutting edge wireless devices in medical diagnostics and monitoring
For more information please email email@example.com